Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A good day...and some more photos!

Yeah, the title pretty much sums it up....today has just been one of those good days. I must admit I haven't been too many of those lately, especially as the last couple of days I have had really bad back pain. I slept ok last night, accept I did have some back pain, but nothing compared to how it was on Saturday and Sunday. And then I was rudely awakened by the house shaking back and forth from a pretty strong tremor, but thankfully it was a short one and although it did get my heart racing, I was able to fall back asleep a few minutes later.

Honestly we didn't do much today, just kind of hung around the house and did some cleaning etc. But I feel like I at least was able to accomplish a few things that I have wanted to do and I thoroughly enjoyed them.
We woke up around 8:30 and I got out of bed and took a shower, then had breakfast with Siah (Jorge had to go to the church with Nelson to do some work). After breakfast Levi decided to bless me with a lovely poopy diaper and he was given a quick bath (yes, it was one of those, lol). Then by the time I got them both dressed and the room cleaned up, it was time to get lunch ready. After lunch I got Levi down for a nap and attempted to do the same with Josiah, but it seems like lately he has been showing signs of giving up his afternoon nap (sniff, yes, that makes me sad!). So he refused to sleep but did lay in his bed for a while to watch a veggie tales, which gave me a little bit of "me" time, while the boys both rested. I sat down and read a bit of my Bible. Of course I didnt get to read too long before Levi woke up..but even the few minutes were nice to have. Once Levi woke up I changed him and decided to take him upstairs and "attempt" a photoshoot with him. I have been looking at photoshoots of babies and trying to figure out how to use the natural light and different props to get a good picture...so I thought I would post a few of those on here...some of them came out pretty cute, I think :) Of course, I am SOOO unbelievably far from being able to take "good" photos...but I want to begin to learn now and maybe one day I could take beautiful pictures of my kids, that is my goal :) Anyways, after the photoshoot I was able to hang out with both Levi and Josiah...Siah took out his crayons and we coloured and played for a while, while Levi sat in his chair and watched his toys light up on his chair. As long as he is close to us and can see us he is getting pretty happy sitting there and being entertained. Here are a few of the pictures that came out good. Enjoy!!

















2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...they are good, Mandy!! I can see improvement already. The third one is definitely my favorite - it looks like Lee had something important to say - ha ha... Oh, how I want to EAT him! Especially in those Baby Legs! You should have some pretty good natural lighting upstairs where the computer is because you have some big windows. Also on "Elisa's" bed because that has a big window, too...is that where these were taken? Once you get hooked on the natural light, you'll cringe at flash photography. Until you get a good flash - LOL. Anyway, it was really good to see you blogging twice in two days - good job! Having walked through your days with you, I have no idea when you find the time to, unless, like your sister, you are up all hours of the night after the babies are in bed...

    Love you!!

    (sorry, I made a spelling mistake first time around and it drove me nuts - LOL)

    ReplyDelete