Saturday, July 10, 2010

all is silent..

in the house right now, so I figured it would be a good time to blog :) Jorge began working with some of the brothers today on the house that they are going to rebuild for a lady in our congregation, so he has been gone all morning, since about 8:30. He came home for lunch and then left again. After he left I got Josiah down for a nap and Levi has been sleeping actually for the last almost 3 hours. He woke up once to eat and then fell back asleep. Josiah decided to lay down with his "toot toot" today, which you would think would be Thomas, haha but no, it was with his Lego pieces that he pretends are little trains, haha so cute. This is his new thing..taking a toy to bed with him. We found that he was getting to dependent on always having one of us lay down with him and one night it dawned on Jorge to ask Josiah is he wanted Buzz to come and lay with him...well Josiah was all excited that Buzz got to go to sleep with him in his bed and Jorge left the door open a bit and that was it, after hearing buzz "talk" to Josiah for about 10 minutes ("to infinity and beyond!") he fell asleep. And it has been working for us ever since..with different toys every time.

Anyways, Josiah and Levi and I have just kind of been hanging around the house today, Levi has come down with a cold so I am not planning to take him to church tonight, we will just stay home and try to get him better. It has me a bit worried as here a lot of babies get really sick and a simple cold can turn into bronchitis and as their little bodies are so small it is hard for them to fight against it..so I am really trying to take care of him and keep him cozy here in the house.

This week we didn;t do too much, again, just kind of hung around the house most days, except for Monday and Tuesday, they were a little more eventful. I will try to go over a few things that we did in those days...

Monday is usually our "family day" aka, Jorge's day off...so we try to spend time together or do something together, even if it's just here in the house. Well Jorge has been trying all week to get wood and materials for rebuilding this lady's house, but it has been a lot more difficult than we had thought it would be...so all Monday morning he was running around, trying to find someone with a truck who could pick up the wood that they had purchased for the house. It didn't work out and he actually didnt end up getting it until yesterday (friday) morning. But in the afternoon we decided to drive to Los Angeles, which is about an hour away from here, to buy some boots for Josiah and take him to go see Toy Story 3. Josiah was so excited, even though I dont think he really understood where we were going...we told him that we were going to go see Buzz on a BIG screen, and that was enough to keep him chattering away in the car all the way there..lol. We had hoped he would nap in the car, as we left at 1 pm, but his excitment kind of took over and like I said, he was a little chatter box all the way there. talking about cows and elephants and buzz and car cars and buses...lol his conversations are getting so cute lately:)

We arrived at the mall in Los Angeles and went right away to get something to eat, then walked around and bought a pair or boots for Josiah...man, I WISH I would have brought those winter boots for him that I left at my parents house!! It is NOT easy to find warm winter boots for little boys here, go figure! Sooo weird. They sell all kinds of cute little winter boots for girls, but for boys, nothing...only older boys, like from ages 5 and up...frustrating, to say the least, but after going to like 5 different stores, we finally found him a pair. Once we got those we headed to the movie theatre and in to see Toy Story 3. Josiah was sooooo good! He was so excited when we first got in there that he started running up and down all the isles..lol that got me a little nervous because I said to Jorge, "what if he doesn't understand that he has to sit down for the whole thing!" But he did...and with no problems...well the only problem was that the seats were so big for his little bum that they would fold right up on him, haha. But we packed the seat with a few of Levi's blankets and Jorge's coat, and then Josiah sat on those and it worked just fine. He LOVED the movie and he sat there eating his popcorn and drinking his pop like a little angel. A few times he got a little scared and would say "OH NO!! MUMMY, BUZZ, OH NO WASSA WASSA BUZZ!!!!" In other words "Oh no, what is happening to Buzz", haha. But yeah he really loved it.

After the movie we went to one more store in the mall, where, unfortunately Josiah tripped and fell (as he was so tired) and he banged the side of his face and part of his ear on the side of a railing....leaving a big long bruise on the side of his cheek...poor little guy, he cried pretty bad and of course, Jorge and I felt terrible, it is so hard to see them cry and there is nothing you can do but hug them, and try to ease their pain. Anyways, after the whole incident we gave him a cookie and that quickly took his mind off the pain and allowed him to rest and sleep on the way home.

On Tuesday we got up in the morning and drove to Concepcion as we had a meeting in the afternoon with our Pastors and Mentors, the Grandons at 4 pm. So we left around 11 ish, and arrived there around 12. Jorge dropped me and Levi off at the hair salon and he took Josiah to his parents house. I had decided that I was going to cut my hair short...and so I did :) I also got streaks in it to make it a bit more blond...but I really wanted to get an easy hairstyle, so that I wouldnt have to spend so long doing my hair everyday, as I rarely find time to do so with the two boys now. Anyways, I was VERY afraid of what it would look like, but I really like it and although it is hard to get used to...I am glad that I did it. Jorge really likes it also, so that made me feel better about having it done:)

In the afternoon we went to this meeting, which we thought would just be us and our Pastors, and a counceling time...but it ended up being us and like 5 other couples....riiiiight....and we brought our two boys with us, hahaha. We brought Josiah because we thought, owell, with it just being us and them, he will just play with some toys and/or watch a movie on our portable DVD player....but with all these couples there??? Sigh. For those of you who don't know my son very well he is NOT sociable at all when around groups of people and usually puts on a huge show of crying and throwing things and throwing himself on the floor....and this time was no exception! Well, I cant say it was THAT bad....he did do better than I thought he would. Thankfully. But after about an hour and a half of us trying to deal with both kids and keep them happy while Jorge was with the pastors and I was with the pastors wives, we eventually excused ourselves as it was getting almost impossible to deal with both of them.

Anyways...I would like to keep writing, but Josiah just woke up and Levi is stirring...at least I got caught up on a bit of my blogging. LOL

Here is a pic of my new haircut...I have pics of when we went to the movie too but I havent put them on the computer yet..when I do I will put them on..


2 comments:

  1. I love the new hairstyle - it suits you, Mandy! Too bad about the boots - I guess I could have sent them, had I known, but it probably wouldn't be worth the cost of postage. Josiah is getting so big and the way you describe him, I can just imagine his chattering away and him sitting in the theatre. What a good idea about taking a toy to bed! That's one smart man you married! I'm so glad it is working for you and I hope it will continue to do so...

    Hugs and kisses to those little boys and lots of love to Jorge and you!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mum, I love the new hairstyle too...it looks so great on you Ruley!

    I enjoy reading your blog and I enjoyed about Josiah and glad he enjoyed Toy Story 3 and sat all the way through it. LOL! Did he find it scary? I heard some people say it's quite scary for kids?? Was it in 3-D?

    Love you Sister!

    KB

    ReplyDelete