Wednesday, June 30, 2010

World Cup, Thomas, and all that jazz...

On Monday we had some of the youth from the church over to our house to watch the soccer game, Chile vs Brazil. We everyone was there with their red shirts and hats and flags..but unfortunately the outcome wasn't as we had hoped :( Brazil won the game 3 to 0. Everyone was so tense that they didn't fully enjoy the yummy BBQ that we made, well we still enjoyed it but as Brazil was scoring goals people slowly seemed to lose their appetite, haha. Here people take the World Cup very seriously, and some even shed a few tears knowing that Chile would be coming home...but either way, most Chileans are still content with how far they got in the world cup, especially seeing as how it is the farthest they got in the past 48 years, and not to mention the fact that they were the team with the youngest players in this World Cup in South Africa. We were also able to connect on skype with Cassie and Mario who were in Brazil, and of course, cheering for their country! It was fun to be able to joke around with them and watch as our countries battled it out. Of course with a Brazilian on the computer the guys couldnt help do their Chile battle cheers the whole time, Mario just laughed and got a good kick out of it anyways.

Here is a picture of our time together watching the game..
















*Note* Siah was sitting there reading his new Thomas the Tank Engine book that Mum sent him in the package that came the other day, he loves it!

Which brings me to my next part of the title of this post.. Thomas!! Oh dear Thomas..how Josiah longed so much to have you, and now here you are, being played over and over and over and over again, and we are so sick of your tooting around this house, hhahahaha! Just kidding. Yes, my Mum sent Josiah two thomas movies in the package and he was sooo excited and has not stopped watching them ever since. If they are not on for a little while he will suddenly come to either Jorge or I and say "Mummy, Honey, where's the Toot-toot?" lol. Such a cutie. We are just thankful that Mum sent two of them so that we can switch back and forth instead of seeing the same one over and over, lol. It was a great gift for him and he absolutely loves it! Thanks so much Mum :)

And here I sit, on my living room couch listening to my gift from Mumma that came in the package..yep, you guessed it, the Chicago soundtrack! I hadnt gotten a chance to listen to it and today I decided it was time to put it on...what can I say?? I just LOVE the music from that movie! Thanks Mum!!

Well I need to go eat lunch now..will write more soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the package arrived safely and that Thomas made his way into your house! Ha ha. I was wondering if Josiah would like the book and now I see he does. You sure had a houseful and I love that the faces are familiar to me! I so enjoyed those three weeks just living daily life with you and Jorge. Sometimes I felt in the way but you were both gracious enough not to show it if I was! Love to Digna and everyone else there...

    Sorry about the World Cup but, as you say, Chile did really well by winning the two games they did. What fun that you were Skypeing with Mario and Cass during the game!!

    Keep up the blog - I love hearing about your day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were never in the way Mum...whether you believe it or not..lol. We LOVED having you too and I like that when I tell you about my day you can understand a bit more what I am talking about. I miss you so much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, babe...I loved being there, that was for sure - even in the freezing cold! But that, too, gave me an understanding of what you deal with on a daily basis...

    Hugs and kisses to your baby boys from Gram (aka Mum)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ruley....sorry I don't comment on here...but I do enjoy reading your blog posts! (Mum told me I must comment!!) haha!

    I loved the picture you posted...the men with their Chile flags and all....it was such an awesome sight to see the game live..I wish you and Jorge could have been there with me....I laughed while I was at the game because from far away, there were so many men that looked like Jorge I thought to myself "if Josiah was here he would be so confused as there were many men that looked like "honey" LOL!!

    I love you and miss you sister...it was good to chat with you yesterday!

    All my love,
    KB

    ReplyDelete