Friday, June 4, 2010

The desire within to blog...

Yes, that is what I have...a desire to blog, lol. Will I be able to keep up with such a desire?? That is the question, but I do not yet know the answer.

I am doing better balancing out my days now that we are getting into a bit of a routine with the boys. Well, realistically, Levi isn't on much of a routine, but I am beginning to understand how he works a little better everyday and he has started having certain naps at certain times of the day, which help me try and work around him a little bit with Josiah etc. Having my Mum here for those three weeks was sooo helpful and now I feel like I am doing better and am feeling more "at home" with being the mother of a 2 year old and a 2 month old.

This week has flown by pretty fast, as I said earlier, my days have mainly been spent just trying to survive and figure out some type of schedule around here. It has, of course, been helpful also to have Digna come three times this week to clean the house, what would I do without her?? Have a messy house, I suppose. On Wednesday I went to the ladies Bible Study and we had a very nice time together! All of the ladies asked about my Mum, if she got home safely and were talking about how hard it must have been for her to say goodbye (yes, it was hard, I don't want to talk about it *sniff*). I gave the devotional that day, and spoke about Love and shared a bit about what God has been speaking to me about how I Love in my own life with my family, friends, etc. It sounds like a very simple thing, but after spending some time reading 1 Corinthians 13 I realized just how complex Love really is! While preparing for the class and analyzing my own life, I decided to give myself a test (bad idea!)...the test went something like this....

Love is patient - am I?
Love is kind - am I?
Love does not envy- Do I?
Love does not boast - Do I?
Love is not proud - Am I?
Love is not rude - Am I?
Love is not self-seeking - Am I?
Love is not easily angered - Am I?
Love keeps no record of wrongs - Do I?
Love rejoices with in truth - Do I?
Love always protects - Do I?
Love always trusts - Do I?
Love always hopes - Do I?
Love always perseveres - Do I?

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark! LOL. I scored myself ...and I'm not going to share my final mark though...it was a little humiliating, but God spoke to me through it and I learned that love is not something that you can just sum up and say "but I LOVE my family!" When you really have no patience and are easily angered, self - seeking, proud...the list goes on... In the end I shared how Love is a decision, not just an emotion or a feeling. So if I decide to love, then I must decide to have patience, decide to be kind, decide to not get easily angered...etc. The Lord used this teaching to speak to my life VERY much, and I am praying that He will help me put it into practice, especially with my little two yr old. I hope it also spoke to the lives of the ladies in our class.

Anyways, I should go get lunch started....will write more later :)

1 comment:

  1. I was SO excited to see your blog! Yay!! I hope you can keep it up but I know, first hand, what your life is like so I won't hold it against you if you can't. Any word we have from you is wonderful...

    I think we use the word LOVE in too broad a scope - when you think that we use the same word for our spouses or our God as we do for pizza or some other trivial thing. Anyway, it was a good test and one I need to go back and meditate on myself.

    Love you and miss you!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete