Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sweat, tears, a wedding AND a funeral...

That sure sounds like a fun day all packed into one hey?? Well our day has been quite eventful here in the house just because of a certain two year old who was just, shall we say "off" all day. Sigh. Josiah was just a complete mess today, I don't even know how else to explain it...and this is the second day in a row that he is like this. It is literally impossible to please him, and trust me, we have tried. He has just been whiny and grumpy and irritated and there has really been no pleasing the boy. I think it hasn't helped that this whole week we have pretty much been cooped up in the house as it has been so cold and rainy everyday...so we only left the house twice this week, he went into town once with Jorge and then last night we were invited to someone's house for supper, but other than that, we have just been closed into the house together. So when I say "sweat and tears" I am not referring to Josiah, but rather to me, haha. I have been so emotional today and with both him and Levi who just wants to be held allllllll day long...I lost it a few times. By the time the evening had come around I was just done, and trying to get ready for the church service (I decided to go just to get out of the house and because there was a wedding afterward and Jorge was performing the ceremony). Josiah had both Jorge and I so stressed out and tired, and it kind of pushed us over the edge when we left him alone for two minutes, just to find him sitting at the table, pen in hand and Jorge's special ceremonies black book open....yes yes, he scribbled all over the pages. Jorge didn't even say anything, nor did I...it was one of those moments where we were both to the point of losing it, and that just last thing we needed. But the boy is just two and we are trying to remember that...it is just a phase. I hope.

Anyways, this evening was the first night that we met back in our church building! We have been meeting in the dining area behind the church for the past few months since the earthquake, but this week we had an engineer come and look at the church and assess how much actual damage had been done and whatnot....and he confirmed that we could still meet in the church and that the walls are repairable, without knocking down the whole building, so that is great news. But it is going to cost us probably about 4 thousand dollars to fix...so we are praying that God will provide that money when we need it. So we had our church service there tonight...and boy was it cold! LOL. The nice thing about where we were meeting was it was small and nice to be all huddled into a small warm place, but either way it was also nice to be back in the church with more space I guess. After the church service Jorge performed a wedding ceremony for a young couple, the daughter of one of the sisters in the church. It was his first time doing a wedding and he was a little nervous, but of course he did great.

Once the ceremony was over Jorge and a group of people from the church went to the wake(I don't know if that's how it's spelled) of a man who passed away, his name was Pedro, one of the neighbors of sister Luisa in our church. He had been dying from stomach cancer and Luisa had been going over to his house, praying for him and reading the Bible to him...at this time he was not yet a believer and actually didn't even want her to pray for him, but she insisted and told him that he needed to get his life straight before he died. After a few weeks he started calling her and asking if she would come and pray with him..and one day he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. These past two weeks Jorge started to go and visit him because he asked Luisa if she could bring her pastor to see him. And Jorge would pray with him and talk to him, he also lead him to repent before the Lord and explained to him that it wasn't enough to just "accept" the Lord, but rather that he had to repent from his old way of life (this man used to be a very grumpy angry man to his family, etc) and seek God. Well, Pedro began asking for forgiveness to his wife and children, and then almost everyday he would ask for Jorge to go and see him. On Thursday they knew that his time was coming soon and he wouldnt live much longer, and he asked for Jorge to go and see him again...when Jorge was with him Pedro told him that he knew that the Lord was calling him home. Yesterday Jorge went and saw him one more time, as the family all knew he would not last much longer, Jorge said he was not even able to speak, but he said that in his eyes you could see that he was ready to go. How amazing..this man repented and became a follower of Christ in his last weeks of life, and last night at 11 pm he went to be with our Lord, and stood before his Throne...just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. Anyways, Jorge went to his house tonight with a group of people from the church, and tomorrow morning is the funeral, which will be done by Jorge at Pedro's request.

So that brings our day to an end...and now here I sit, with a cute chunky baby in my arms, nursing, and a kissable little two year old with marker all over his face sitting next to me watching his "buzz". I am blessed. I am tired, but I am blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Now I know why you needed a hug on Saturday... I'm sorry, babe. What a good Mum you are, though. The colouring in Jorge's book...oh, dear. I'm sorry. He will, I'm sure, grow out of this "phase" and become a willing little Mummy's helper soon.

    What a blessed story of the brother who came to know the Lord late but in time! Praise God, He continues to draw us to His side up until our last breaths.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again...lots to comment on...but I just want you to know sis...I love you so much!!

    I love the way you started the post about Josiah and his being a 2 year and stuff...and then you ended it with saying how blessed you are! Just made the post so much more special!

    I love reading your blog sister...

    Lots of love,
    KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I sure hope you have washable markers...LOL.

    I have eliminated them from my house (even the washable kind) and, apart from some initial grumblings, everyone has taken to pencil or wax crayons. Phew...

    ReplyDelete