Sunday, June 27, 2010

another week gone by..

and I still left my blogging for too long, lol. I always look at my blog and think, "I should write something," but then the baby cries or Josiah throws something or the doorbell rings...and I get distracted and then don't write for a whole week. Sigh, it happens.

Anyways, we have had an okay week. To be honest it has been quite uneventful as we have not really left the house much all week as it has been so cold and for most of the week it continued to rain and rain. But I am going to follow my Mum and do some point form of some things that happened this week, so that I don't start rambling about just anything, lol.

Wednesday - we had our ladies Bible Study and decided that we would celebrate one of the ladies Birthday's...her birthday was last Saturday, the 19th, but we bought her a little cake and sang happy birthday to her..it wasnt much but to her it meant a lot. While we were singing to her she was holding back trying not to cry. She had told one of the ladies before that she had never had anyone celebrate her birthday before...her first celebrated birthday was her 55th...she said that she was so surprised and couldn't stop thanking us for making it special for her.

Thursday - Josiah came down with a pretty bad cold...we didn't think much of it, seeing as how both Jorge and I had been showing signs of getting sick also..

Friday night - Josiah was up all night and was having trouble breathing as he was soo congested! Jorge and I were both really worried and considered taking him to the ER, but we knew that although it was hard for him, he WAS breathing alright as long as we held him upright, so that is what we did. We took turns sitting up with him and holding him upright on our chests while he slept...it was a loooong night. But thankfully Levi slept for many hours in a row and just woke up a few times to eat and then fell back asleep..so that made things a lot easier.

Saturday - we took Siah to Concepcion to go see his Pediatrician. Turns out he has bronchitis and laryngitis...poor baby boy. He was a mess in the doctor's office, screaming and crying as she had to have us take all his clothes off to weigh him and measure him etc. She said if he continued with a fever by tuesday we would have to put him on some antibiotics, but last night his fever stopped, so we are praying that from here on he only gets better. The doctor gave him an inhaler and some medicine and since he started taking it he has already improved a lot and gotten a bit better...so praise the LORD for that!
Jorge on the other hand is also very sick and is needing to use the inhaler also. Apparently this is very common for people to have bronchitis here during winter, due to the humidity mixed with the cold air and all the smoke from the wood stoves in the houses...makes sense, I guess. Anyways, I hope they both get better soon.

Photos - this week I decided that seeing as how I am no longer living closer to my sister *sniff* or mother *sniff sniff*, I should learn how to take better photos with my camera. We have a good camera that takes good pictures, I just dont know how to use it..lol and always use it on auto. Jorge used to be the camera person in our little family, so I never really bothered on learning because he loved taking the pics and I just figured he would learn..but now he doesnt find the time and I am the one who is always with the boys and always wanting to take pictures in the moment..so it looks like I will need to learn a few things . I'm trying to remember tips that I heard Tanya and Mum talk about all the time..lol, I should have taken notes. But I did have some "natural light" this morning and tried to take a few pics of Levi and capture his light coloured eyes...because in most pictures you cant tell but his eyes are still quite blue-ish.

I tried uploading a couple photos but they were taking forever and I am falling asleep..so maybe if I can I will try to put them on tomorrow...they are not that good anyways, lol.

goodnight for now.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see you blogging, too, babe. Your camera is such a good one that you should be able to pull off some really good shots in Auto, so don't be afraid to use that until you learn more. There are those other "auto" features as well, like landscape, close-ups, etc. These are good ones of Levi! Keep practicing - the joy of digital is that you can take 100 photos and it doesn't cost you a cent. (but don't do it because it takes forever to go through them all!! LOL) I'm so glad Siah is feeling better. The wood stoves! Of course! I was trying to figure out why Jorge gets bronchitis every year but that would contribute to it... I remember how the smoke just hangs in the air all night long. I'll be praying they both feel better soon. What a blessing you must be to the dear ladies there as you do things like birthdays, etc., with them - things they will never forget. Hey - did you see Marcela's apron? Did she like it? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete