Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Things that make you go..

hhhhhmmmmmm. First of all, I must say that the first part of this post is probably not one that will be of much interest to any males who may be reading this, but it's one of those things that must be shared. I have noticed every since I arrived in Chile that my leg hairs are growing slower!! I know, I know, totally weird right?? But so totally true! I usually always have to shave my leg every other day, if not everyday in the summer, because the next day they are always all prickly...my husband hates that, haha. And since I have been here I have only had to shave my legs every 4 to 5 days!! I shaved them on a Tuesday before I left Lethbridge, and then didn't have to shave them again until the Saturday! And it has been that way ever since....so weird. I was wondering if it could have to do with the pregnancy, but it seems to have only been since I have been here, because even in Canada I always noticed that I would shave one day and the next day I would have all the stubble. Hmmmmm, so very odd, but yet I am sooo thankful, because with this heat I need to wear either shorts or a skirt everyday, and it is so tiring to always be shaving your legs...so there ya go:)

Today was voting day here in Chile, so everything was pretty much closed all over the country. Due to that we didn't have church service as the people need to often travel to different parts of the city or towns where they live to vote...so we had a whole day of rest and just did things here in the house, which was nice. The three of us were all so tired from last night, when we had another church come and visit ours(...so the service was very long), that we all took long naps in the afternoon. Josiah actually was playing upstairs in his room and I gave him his "te-te" (aka "soother") and after about 20 minutes when I realized I hadn't heard from him, I went up to check on him and there he was, fast asleep on his bed. He is getting so big and is doing really well with sleeping in his own bed now...I am very proud of him, I thought it would be more difficult than it has been. Granted, last night and today were the first times that he went to sleep by himself in the bed, but we have only had it a week, so that is pretty good. Tonight I just sat on the end of the bed until he fell asleep, but it shows that he is getting more comfortable and at least now he hasn't been falling out of the bed anymore. The first night that we had him in the bed I piled up like 5 pillows on the side of him (the other side of the bed was pushed up against the wall) and even laid some out on the floor for if he rolled off. When I went in to check on him I looked in the bed and realized that he wasn't there...I thought maybe he had gotten up so I opened the door more and looked around for him. I couldn't see him anywhere! My heart started to race and I felt a certain panic rise within me...I ran into the room, and suddenly, I saw him...curled in a little ball in the far corner, a few feet away from the bed and the pillows, bum up in the air and fast asleep on the hard floor. Poor little guy. But since then he fell off only a few other times and now he seems to stay put, for the most part.

Anyways, I really need to go to bed, because it is 11:50 and I am really tired. I will write more tomorrow...because I know I have a lot of things that I need to write about...goodnight all!

3 comments:

  1. Okay. Firstly, your blog date for this post is December 1 and, at first, I thought I was seeing things because I usually check here once a day! So, I don't know whats with the date thingy....

    That's really weird about your leg hair - ha ha. I'm sure Dad will have a comment about that!

    The thing that I thought with Josiah was that he would get up in the middle of the night and try to walk downstairs to your room - does he not do that? I hadn't thought about the falling off part - poor thing. I'm so impressed that he took to his big-boy bed so fast!

    I saw on FB that you were hoping to chat today and I kept my Skype open just in case...maybe tomorrow. I should be home in the evening, but I know that is late for you as well...

    Love you

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the Date on the blog, I started writing it a few weeks ago and then saved it in drafts, so that's why.

    Yeah its funny, Josiah has taken well to the bed, we were also afraid of him falling down the stairs if he wakes up at night though, so we shut his door once he is asleep. For a while we would put something in front of his door so that it was open but he couldnt get out, but now we just shut it, and when he cries at night one of us goes up to be with him.

    anyways, im gonna try to write on my blog now...just wanted to respond to what you wrote;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sister...

    Regarding the leg hair...that does make you go hmmm...LOL! But I guess it's better to be growing slow then growing too fast! LOL! Now, that would not be a good thing!

    Awww...Josiah is getting so big, using a big boy bed and all! I loved the pics you put up on Facebook the other day, it was so nice to see your new home. Also, you are looking great pregnant!

    Love you and miss you!
    KB

    ReplyDelete