Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lots to do!

Well today is thursday and I have a lot of things to do today. I am planning for my woman's tea that I am putting on for the ladies of the church here, I wanted to make it special for them so I am planning and doing the whole thing. The women here work really hard and always get together to plan and decorate for these things, but as it is the last meeting of the year I wanted to do this for them so that they could simply come and enjoy. I am a little nervous as I have never done anything like this before, and I have no idea how many ladies will be there, so I have to plan for around 18, but there are weeks when only 6 or 7 come...so we will see.

I enjoyed talking with Mum last night, even if it wasn't for long. and I think that I have figured out how to have a decent skype conversation, now that I know where the reception in the house is the best, lol, so thats good. I sure do miss the family lately. I had a pretty tough week, a lot of tears and missing home...it was the first time that everything really began to sink in for me. I had a good argument with God..letting Him know how I was truly feeling inside, but also sharing that with Him, knowing that I am where He wants me to be and still surrendering my life to Him. I think with the pregnancy and everything else too...I am a little emotional, haha. Josiah has also been a handful for me lately as I am the one who has to watch him most of the time in the church services and he only wants to be held all the time. With him getting bigger and bigger this is no longer an easy thing for me..lol I have just been feeling exhausted this week and overwhelmed with our new lifestyle...but on the other hand I am enjoying it and getting used to how things are little by little.

Last night I had a prayer meeting with two of the ladies from the church. There are three of them that I work with more than anyone, as they are the elders wives, and they help me plan events and handle finances etc. We decided to get together once a week and have prayer times together. To pray for the ladies in the church, the church as a family, our families and our husbands etc. It was the first that we have had and only two ladies were able to make it, but it went really well! We each had a turn to pray and the ladies really poured out their hearts before the LORD. In the end we were all crying and God really spoke to us about this being a new time for us all, "the beginning" of something for everyone. Afterwards we had a good time of sharing how we were all feeling and it was so good to hear how the two of them have felt in this whole transition of us taking on the pastorate here in the church. They both said that from the day I got here they felt instantly like I was family to them. With Jorge also, we have had the elders and their wives over for supper and they said that for them hey had never done that before and that they never felt so welcomed before in the pastors home..and so these things are really important for us and it was very encouraging for me to know how they are feeling. They both said that they believe that everything that has happened is God's doing and I believe that also...now we just need to continue to seek Him and His leading for us as a church family and I know He will do great things.

Anyways, it is 8:37 and I have Digna, a girl from the church coming over this morning to help us with some cleaning, so I should probably get up and moving here. I know Mum is probably laughing thinking, "you do have an hermana that comes and help you in the house!" well yeah we do. Her name is Digna, and she is such a sweet girl. She has no way of earning money so she takes on any jobs that she can cleaning and whatnot. With Jorge we decided as a way of helping her out we would ask her to come a few times a week and help me do cleaning and things around the house in the mornings. The houses here get so dirty and dusty so fast so she has been a huge help, even with organizing and ironing clothes etc. She is also someone who is really struggling in her relationship with God, so we are praying that God will begin a work in her life, and He already has begun doing so, as we have had some really good conversations with her already, which is exciting for us to see.

But I need to get running now..will write again soon:)

2 comments:

  1. It was good to talk (briefly) to you, too - now we know that you need to be in the "upper room" but that makes sense considering the construction of the houses...

    It's so wonderful that you had the sharing/praying time with the ladies from the church - what a blessing that must be for them to have a friend relationship with the Pastor's wife.

    I know what you mean and what you are going through on the emotional scale and missing home. Kristy always feels it more this time of the year, as do we. I went through that for the first week after you left - just wrestling with God about having my girls, and now my grandchildren, so far away. But the God who comforted me will also comfort you and He has made me rejoice in the fact that you are serving Him there.

    You have an hermana!! Ha ha...how I did laugh! Good for you - not only to help you but also to work in her life. I'm glad that Jorge took that step to help you out. Gosh! I need an hermana!! LOL. They're a lot more expensive here though. Which reminds me, that lady never did come and pick up that key - should I be worried about it? Ha ha, I guess not.

    Good to see you continuing to blog - keep up the good work! Praying for you, sweetheart....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see you blogging Sister!

    Regarding missing home...You are speaking to the choir! This past week (if you read my blog) I felt the same way! It was Sunday night and I was upset as well, all I wanted to do was be home with Mum and Dad! It was also that night that I met up with you and Tan (and then Dad)! So, that was good - God knew I needed that!

    That is so awesome that you have been meeting with the ladies. I think it is very important for ladies to spend time together. We can learn so much from each other. I started a ladies group here in Jbay, but haven't done it for a while, and when I do - it ended up being just DTS Students, which was nice and all but that is not the reason I did it - I wanted it for the ladies of the church...oh, well - maybe I will try again when we get back from outreach!

    I want a hermana!! LOL! Actually I am lucky - Bob is a really big help in the cleaning area! But I understand, you being pregnant and all! Good for you...use her while you have her!

    Love you Sister and miss you lots...You are always in my heart and in my prayers!

    KB

    ReplyDelete