Thursday, September 23, 2010

Life with the boys....

Well I know it has been a long time since I last blogged...I have tried many times to sit down and type, but when I do something always seems to "come up", and I am not able to even begin typing. Sometimes I think it is a conspiracy, the boys can be relaxing, watching a movie and/or playing, being as good as gold... but as soon as they here me start to type, they act up or wake up or scream or something, anything to stop me from doing what I would actually like to do, lol. I remember Tanya once said that her kids did that when she would talk on the phone, they would be all calm and not doing anything and then as soon as she gets on the phone they start to cry or fight...Josiah now does the exact same thing! It's frustrating at times, but I guess they may see these things (computers and telephones) as something that takes your attention off of them, so maybe that is why they do it, who knows. Anyway, now I'm just rambling...

Today it is just me and the boys again. Jorge left yesterday morning at 5 am to drive Nelson, a young guy from our church to Pichilemu, as he is going to do his DTS there in YWAM. I was a little jealous, I have to admit, because I really wanted to go and see some of our old friends there, but with the two boys we couldn't all fit in the car...so I opted to stay home with the boys. It isn't as easy now either, for us to just pick up and go with the kids..Josiah doesn't enjoy long car rides much anymore and with the baby we have to stop ever little while for feedings, so it makes the trip a lot longer. We are hoping to go to Pichilemu though, in the last week of October as Lauren Cunningham is coming for YWAM's 50 anniversary here in Chile, so I am excited about that.

I was a little nervous about staying home by myself with the two boys overnight, so Digna came and stayed over last night, which was really nice of her. I felt kind of silly, but people have told us that there are people "watching" the house at times, and it appears that they may be planning once again to break in, whenever they get a chance, so I felt a little vulnerable staying here by myself. Unfortunately, this house is so big that it really calls the attention of the people here, especially because there is a "gringa" living in it, lol, which to them automatically means 'money'. lol if only they knew. Anyways, I felt a lot better having Digna here with me, we watched a movie and ate some chocolate before going to bed, lol, what could be better?? haha. I am feeling a lot more comfortable with her now, not just as a worker, but as a friend...and she is so great with Josiah and Levi, so I feel very blessed to have her here with us.

I talked to Jorge this morning and looks like they (he went with two other guys from the church too) will be back late this afternoon...they probably havent even left yet, and it is a six hour drive, so I'm guessing they will be home around 6ish or so. I don't have much planned out for the day...maybe I will take the boys out for a walk this afternoon as the sun is shining again today :)

Well I would love to keep writing, but I have a feeling something is going to suddenly come up, Levi is sleeping and will most likely wake up in the next few minutes or so. And Josiah is watching a movie but I need to try and lure him into the bathroom before he goes #2 in his pants....we are not having much luck with that yet. lol. But that is a whole other blog post for another day, ahhaha. Either way, I am back to blogging, I will do it when I can, I have a lot of things that I think about and always long to write them out on here, but I lack the time to do so. I guess this stage of my life is just going to be that way..at least until our kids are older and I have more time for such things. But until then, I will blog when I can :)

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear about your day, Mandy - thanks for blogging when you can. Trust me, I remember those days when you wake up tired and go to be tired. I'm excited for Nelson and hope that he has a wonderful DTS - I'm sure it was hard for his Mom to say goodbye. I'm glad, too, that Digna stayed over with you - she is a real blessing to your family. Give her a hug from me. The sun is shining and you are going into summer! Woo hoo! I'm excited for you. Love you with all my heart, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mum, it's good to hear about your day. LOL when you said the kids act up when you get on the computer, I think everytime I talk to Tan she says the same thing...the kids just know it!!

    That is so nice about Digna, it's nice to have a friend that can stay with you. Also, cute look on your blog. I know you said you lost the other template..but it still looks cute!

    Love you Sister!
    KB

    ReplyDelete