Thursday, September 30, 2010

Five whole minutes, just for me!

That is probably all I have to write this blog post! I just got Levi to sleep, for the second time in the last half hour, and Josiah has been sleeping for about 45 minutes already, which means he should be waking up pretty soon. Whew, so here I go, attempting to take advantage of the few minutes to myself that I may have...and may I add, the first few minutes that I have had to myself probably all week, haha.

Sigh. Life with two boys has really got me running lately, I think it must just be the stages that they are both at, at least, that is what I am hoping :) With trying to potty train Josiah and with Levi who has decided to actually be attached to me wherever I go and in whatever I do, I have found myself having no privacy at all...and that is even including my bathroom time! The other day I actually shut the bathroom door tight when I went in, so as to just have a moment to myself, LOL, (can't believe I am actually writing about my going to the bathroom, I guess as we have spent so much time in there the last few weeks I feel that it is my second home, lol) but within seconds Josiah was banging on the door yelling "MUMMY! WACHA DOIN??" that followed by a few bangs on the door which then startled Levi (who I had just put down sleeping in his crib) so then he started to cry, which then made Josiah start to cry, saying "no Baby guy, no cry! Mummy, Baby guy cry!" ..and there I was, just trying to have a moment to pee by myself, how silly of me. *sigh* I must admit, it made me smirk...I guess I am just at this stage in my life where privacy has flown completely out the window, so on with life I must go.

This past weekend I decided to try and do something new with Josiah, as he has been pretty bored being cooped up here in the house with me and Baby guy, and I made him some play dough. I thought that I needed some different things that I didn't have in order to make it, but then I found a recipe online that was really simple, just flour salt and warm water..sweet. I made it and was pretty impressed with how simple it was to make, should have done it sooner. I used some beet juice that I had to colour it, but it didn't work all that good, it made it more sticky, which was not a good idea...but in the end Josiah had a blast playing with it all afternoon. We must have made at least 12 planes and 10 "owies" (for those of you who forgot, "owie" is the tiny gecko Josiah and I found a few months back, he still remembers him and asks me often about owie and his mummy, LOL). Anyways, The next day, Sunday, I tried my first attempt at make Cinnamon buns! I had been craving them all week and couldn't wait any longer to give them a try. I really wanted to make the ones from a recipe that Shelagh gave me on FB but it had vanilla pudding mix in it, which I didn't have, and I wasn't sure if I could substitute it with something and still have them taste good, so I decided to go with another recipe that I found online. Well let me tell you, they may not have been cinnabon cinnamon buns, but they were pretty good, if I do say so myself. Granted, I didn't have as must yeast as I needed so they didn't come out too big and fluffy, but they were decent, and for someone who hasn't eaten one in I don't know how many months.. they were amazing, LOL. I took a picture of them to put on my blog here but now for some strange reason I cannot upload it, so I may have to try again later. I have been typing for almost 15 minutes now and neither of the boys have woken up, so I'm jut gonna keep going and not waist any of this precious time that I have, haha.

Nevermind, there goes Levi..guess this will have to wait until later..bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Good blog sweetie. I always find it a pleasure to read your bog. Glad you found a few minutes to spend at the computer. Sure do miss you guys.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dad. I have to laugh (I'm sorry) at your busy days because I remember so many like them - when life is just a blur of diapers, potties, naps, and feedings. Trust me, they do end and then you miss them. Ha ha... I don't think there's a mother who hasn't ever tried to manuoever some alone time in the bathroom - after all where else can you go and legitimately lock the door behind you?

    I was glad to hear that Josiah had a good potty-training day today! Maybe he's turned a corner...

    Love you!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete