Friday, February 12, 2010

Where´s a MONO??

I know, it is a wierd question. Especially wierd when your 21 month old asks you constantly, haha and this has been the case with Josiah. In Spanish "mono" means "monkey", and though we have not really taught him the word we have said it every now and then when we are teaching him "what the monkey says" etc. But he has started using this word for everything....including people! On Thursday him and Jorge were playing hide and go seek...well, Jorge was hiding from Josiah and Josiah was only interested in doing the seeking, lol. After looking for Jorge in the bedroom and bathroom Josiah came running out to me, shrugged his shoulders up and down and said, "Mummy, where´s the mono?" LMBO I just looked at him and said, "he is not a "mono" son, he is your Father, but I dont know where he is", hahahaha. Jorge and I both got a pretty good laugh out of that...he has also started to sing the word quite a lot, which he does when he finds a new word that he really enjoys using. He begins in a high tone and then allows his voice to fluctuate from high to low singing "mono, mono, mono, mono...." He also sings this song for other words such as "Mummy", "Nana"(banana), and "Puppies". haha he is quite the character and lately we are having so many laughs with the things he comes up with. Today we were watching I Love Lucy and he thought Ricky´s reaction to whatever it was that Lucy did (I cant remember now which episode it was), was hilarious and he put his hand on his forhead and said "OH NO!!! Aye ay ay ay ay ay!!" HAHA it was pretty funny...

Well, it is 12:55 am and Jorge went out rabbit hunting with "the boys", and I expect that he won´t get back for another hour or so, so I thought I would take the time to write a little bit so that I dont get into my slump of not writing on my blog again. Tomorrow (or should I say today!) we have the ladies picnic, there will be about 12 of us ladies from the church going to the river for the day with our kids, to have a fun relaxing day. We will be leaving early in the morning, about 9 am and then going and getting a bunch of picnic tables and having breakfast there, then we will spend the day just hanging out and visiting...I am really looking forward to it. Paulina came back to Yumbel with Jorge today when he went to Concepcion so she will come with me and Josiah tomorrow and she is excited about that, she has really enjoyed spending time here in Yumbel for most of her summer vacations and we have enjoyed having her!

Well, I guess I should be off to bed...my son will most likely be waking up soon and begin his usual call for "Mummy!" which will then lead me to either go lay in his bed or bring him down to ours...for lack of strength and desire to be climbing up and down the stairs more than once in the night.
Anyways, I am off to sleep now...will write again soon!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sorry...didn't reread my first comment before posting and had to delete it!)

    Well, my first thought was that "mono" is a type of flu but I forgot that it is also monkey in Spanish. Why did your son call his Dad a monkey?? LOL! Silly boy! I love it when they do the sing-song of new words - I remember you girls doing that when you were little.

    Rabbit-hunting at 1 a.m.? Why? And, I guess, after talking to you early this morning, that the rabbit-eating takes place after midnight as well!! Seems odd....

    Too funny about Lucy and Ricky...maybe he can identify with daily life in the Ricardo residence...ha ha.

    I can't wait to see you all again...soon! Tan and I are starting to get really excited! Thanks for keeping the blog up - I look for it daily!

    Love you!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete