Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So much to say....

yet so little time to say it in...

I am somewhat frustrated because I have wanted to blog for these past couple of days and honestly just havent been able to have the time to sit down and write. Not that we have been super busy, although we have had quite a lot of activities, but also because my sister in law is staying with us and she seems to have a slight addiction to the computer, lol which makes it difficult for me to get on much at all. Don´t get me wrong, I love her very much...but she does spend way too much time on the computer and it is a bit frustrating as I often blog in my head and at night want to type it all out, but ahvent been able to.

Anyways, I am going to take a few minutes to go over a few things, but it is very late here and I can´t go for too long. We had a good weekend, on Saturday I spent the day with the ladies form the church, we went to a river that is close by here, got there at 10 am and stayed until about 9:30 pm...yup, the whole day! It was long but really nice and relaxing, most of the ladies took their kids or grandkids and the children had a blast in the river...it is a very shallow river so the little kids can just wade around in it and for the older kids there are also different areas where it is a bit deeper, so they spent most of the day in the water. Josiah fell asleep in the mei tai around 1 pm but only slept for about 15 minutes as I tried to take him out and lay him in a tent...and with all the ladies hovering around me trying to "help", HAHA he woke up and decided that that was his nap for the day...sigh. But for only napping 15 minutes he had a great day...he played with the kids in the river for a couple of hours straight and I sat there with him as he thre dirt at me..lol dont ask. There was so much mud and he got such a kick out of throwing it at all the kids, and they of course played along and encouraged the behavior, so there was nothing much that I could do about it. But anyways. Around 7:30 he finally fell asleep in my arms and slept for the last 2 hours at the park...which aloud me to sit for a while with the ladies and have tea and good conversation..there was about 13 of us and we had a really good time.

On Sunday I had a sister from the church come over, Luisa, who is also my assistant in the church, and we made "Zapallo italiano relleno", which is like "Stuffed Zucchini". Wow....it was amazingly good! Luisa and her family ahve a big garden in their backyard and they always give us tomatoes and zucchini´s...and these zucchinis are HUGE! I had never seen such big zucchinis in my whole life, but they are so tasty and although the dish did take us about 2 and a half hours to make (granted, we made it for 9 people!), it was sooo worth it. I am planning to make foods like that when my Mum and sister come, because these are things that we would never think to do with a zucchini, but they are so delicious!
After the lunch that we made Luisa helped me peel and cut a batch of peaches that were given to us and then boil them and she showed me how to make homemade jam...it turned out really good and I was quite proud of myself for that one:)

That evening we had our normal Sunday church service but this service was special, as we presented the projector that was given to the church, to the congregation. With the money that was left over, we also bought a drum set for the church, brand new...they had a drum set before that belonged to the Pastor´s son, but because of some unofrtunate, "problems", he stopped attending the church and took his drum set with him.. This was quite upsetting for some of the people in the church, 1) that he left, and 2) that he took the drums, as it is such a beautiful instrument in the worship team. Anyways, when the service began Jorge had the drums all set up, and then the projector we wrapped as a present and put it in front of the pulpit. After the second hymn, Jorge invited one of the sisters in the Some brothers and sisters shouted out "praise the LORD", " Thank you GOD!"....and then Jorge proceeded to share with them the story of how the projector came to us as a gift from our brothers and sisters in Canada, from many different churches. He then showed a video clip of Pastor Peter Coyne from E-Free church in Picture Butte and Kevin Wrighter(sp??) who is on the board of elders, Jorge did the video with subtitles on it, and for the brothers and sisters who cant read a few of us went and sat beside them to read to them what the words said. Everyone was very moved and we continued to worship the LORD and praise Him for the support that His Church Family is offering our little congregation here in Yumbel...what a blessing to know that others are praying for us and thinking of us. We then prayed for the body of Christ in Canada and blessed them for their generosity....it was a really great time. We took pictures and recorded it, so we will put those on facebook as soon as we can.

Well it is late and I cant continue on right now...I will have to continue this post over the next few days..as my tummy is as hard as a rock and I need to lay down and put my feet up ..before Josiah wakes up in a couple of hours...sigh...good night for now..

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm looking forward to the zucchini dish when we get there!! We have to introduce Tanya to those Chilean dishes, however I imagine that she will have her first completo on day one if Jorge has his way!! I can't wait!!!

    Kevin's name is Reiter but I know he'll forgive you because they all love you so much! And he won't hear it from me ;)

    LOL at the mud-throwing - silly boy. I can't wait to see him either...

    I'm so glad you are blogging and I'm praying that your new computer will arrive safely and that will solve some, if not all, of your internet 'issues'!

    Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete