Saturday, November 21, 2009

My very first post...

..on my very own blog!! That's right, I'm giving blogging another shot. I have always enjoyed taking time at the end of my day to sit down and write about the things that have gone on or whatnot, and I love reading my Mum's blog and both of my sisters' and friends' blogs..so I decided the other day that I should get back into blogging myself. The truth is, as a family we have always had some type of blog or website and I am usually the one who has to update on it. But it usually turns into a chore as I have to update people on what we are doing ministerial-wise, and then I post our newsletters and things like that. But I never used them as a place where I could just write daily, like a journal, and share my feelings, thoughts, prayer requests, frustrations, joys, sorrows etc. So, here it is. Not only is it my own personal blog, but I made it all pretty for myself (my cousin gave me an amazing site that has tons of backgrounds and fun things, thanks Cass:), and I intend to use it as a way of communicating more with family and friends while we are living down in Chile. As my son gets older and is starting to do and say new things everyday, I find myself wanting to write them out, or have some type of a place where I can share the funny things that he says and does with family and friends, so here it is. I hope that I will update it as much as I want to. It is hard for me, I won't lie, as I often say I am going to do things like this and then I just let them die and forget about them. But I would really like to keep this up, along with reading everyone's blogs. That way we can all be in touch more and share encouraging words, prayer requests, and just the everyday joys and struggles of life. In other words, let's do life together;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're going to start blogging again... It sure will make us feel closer and we can hear all about Josiah's adjustment to life in Chile! Love you!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruley,

    I totally commented the other day!! Not sure why it didn't save it though...

    Anyway, I just wanted to say, I love your blog..it is so pretty!! I am excited to start reading your blog...especially now as you are going to be entering a new phase of life.

    I want you to know that I am so proud of you and Jorge! You two will do a great job as Pastor and Pastor's wife...I will be keeping you in my prayers...and you always have a piece of my heart! (so I will be there with you!)

    I love you so much Sister!! Yes, let's do life together! I'm game!

    Love,
    KB

    ReplyDelete