Sunday, January 10, 2010

Treasured moments

everynight since Josiah has been in his big boy bed, he usually always wakes up in the middle of the night and calls out ¨Mummy!¨ and Jorge and I take turns going and laying with him, one night I will go and the next night he will go. But the last couple of times that I have gone and laid down beside Josiah in bed he wraps his little arms around my neck, hugs me as tight as he can and sweetly says ¨oh, Mummy...¨ then he falls asleep with his arms around me. What a way to make a mother´s heart melt. The other night as I was laying with him and he had his little arms wrapped around my neck I just laid there looking at him...feeling his breath on my cheek, and all I could do was thank the LORD for my little prince. I just laid there and treasured every moment of having him so close to me, holding me so tight, knowing that with his Mummy there with him, he was safe and loved. Those are the moments that a mother treasures..and I believe they are ones I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. You won't. Ever. Moments like those are the most treasured in my heart. I remember, so many times, just lying with you girls as you slept and, silly as this may sound, just smelling your faces and your sweet breath. And thinking to myself, "I will *always* remember the smell of my baby girls..." It is a moment only a mother can appreciate. How blessed you are to have his little arms tight around your neck...

    ReplyDelete